Sunday, April 3, 2011

Vintage Pattern LOVE

I love the look of old, vintage patterns like McCalls, Simplicity, etc. I once saw a basket of tons of old patterns for sale at Goodwill and started thinking of ideas and things I could create with them. 

My grandma used to design for McCalls and taught me how to sew when I was a teenager. I developed my love for creating my own clothes and decor from her. She started it all. She is also the one who gave me my first sewing machine for graduation. I LOVE it!!

I've created a few things with vintage patterns that I wanted to share:

For my first project, I used the actual pattern pieces and layered them as the background. I fell in love with this particular 1950s Simplicity pattern for sweet dresses so I used it as the main picture. It even has someone's notes on it....cute!


I created two of them and hung them in my bedroom. 


I had three random little canvases that I bought from the dollar section of Michaels one day. They were very nautical but my apartment is anything but. I decided to cover them with the patterns so I would actually use them. 

I chose the best looking, cutest colored patterns. I LOVE them but haven't decided what exactly to do with them yet. I considered selling them on Etsy but I love them too much. I have recently decided to use them in my new and improved bathroom. I am in the middle of re-decorating and am so excited them finally have a home. 


I'm happy I can share my joy in decorating with you. I hope you enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment