Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cutie little birds I love!

I am in love with all things peacock. Dark, deep colors like purple, navy, orange, gold....I LOVE!
When I moved here, I had tons of wall space to fill. I didn't have any art or any fantastic pieces I wanted to display. I've always been the one to create what I want so why not paint a peacock feather to display?


As I've said, I make things up as I go along so I didn't have a pattern or anything. I just had an actual peacock feather and tried to re-create it. I had two blank white canvases from Hobby Lobby that I painted gray. I painted the feather over both so the final result would be larger.

The final result
I've painted several other things along the way. A picture frame here, a shelf there, a cork board from goodwill everywhere. :)

I am also in love with owls. I'm not really sure what because real owls seem weird and scary. 
Here are a few of my precious owl items.



My salt & pepper shakers




That is it. Enjoy your Sunday. Go try a raspberry sweet tea from Sonic....you will LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. I love owls too. Did you know that the Comanche consider them to be "death omens" and will not own anything with an owl on it?

    ReplyDelete