Thursday, April 7, 2011

What I created during Kim and Kourtney... :)

When I first moved into my apartment, I made several pillows for my living room. I bought my navy couch and it came with two questionable quilted pillows. I decided to take them apart and make my own with the stuffing inside. Once my living room started taking on a theme and colors, I made more pillows to match. Now I am wanting to change things and see what else I can create.

I am always on the lookout for fabulous fabric or finding pillows I can re-create. This is why I visit JoAnns on a regular basis just to check things out. I have collected a fun little fabric box that I pull from when I feel creative. 

My overflowing fabric box

I get most of my decorating done on Mondays since it's my day off. This past Monday I journeyed to JoAnns and heard the announcement that they would be closing in 10 minutes 2 minutes after I got there. I didn't want to leave without fabric so I made my way to the sale section and found a wonderful orange suede and a guazey stripe fabric. I made the super quick decision to get both and decide what I would do with them later. 

I got my sewing machine and set it out on the floor (since I don't currently have a table) and had a little fun.

My pillows I created a year ago

I added the guazey fabric to this piilow

I added some sweet lace to my orange pillow.
I still have a navy pillow to jazz up but not sure what to do. Any ideas?
 

1 comment: